Thursday, March 3, 2011

post #1: from my arms to yours.

I was home sick today and didn't really feel like posting something that took alot of thought and was emotional for me, since I'm already so stuffed up :( I know I don't have to post everyday but honestly I have became so addicted to it and want to! I have been working hard on some really great posts that will be up soon, but for now this is all I've came up with. I have put together a compilation of blog challenge posts. I picked the ones I liked, and have about 70 of them. I know I won't want to post about them in order everyday for that long, so I will just do them whenever I have a day where I am "post-less". 

DAY 1: The Meaning Behind Your Blog Name and Why You Chose It

 From God's Arms to My Arms to Yours- Michael McLean


"With so many wrong decisions in my past, I'm not quite sure
If I can ever hope to trust my judgement anymore.
But lately I've been thinking, 'cause it's all I've had to do.
And in my heart I feel that I should give this child to you.

And maybe, you can tell your baby when you love him so that he's been loved before.
By someone who delivered your son, From God's arms to my arm's to yours.

Now if you choose to tell him and if he wants to know.
How the one who gave him life could bear to let him go.
Just tell him there were sleepless nights I prayed and paced the floors.
And knew the only peace I'd find is if this child was yours.

Now I know you don't have to do this, but could you kiss him once for me?
The first time that he ties his shoes or falls and skins his knee, 
And could you hold him twice as long when he makes his mistakes.
Tell him that he's not alone, sometimes that's all it takes -
I know how much he'll ache.
This may not be the answer for another girl like me.
And I'm not on a soapbox saying how we all should be.
I'm just trusting in my feelings and I'm trusting God above.
And I'm trusting you can give our baby both his mother's love.
And maybe, you can tell your baby when you love him so that he's been loved before.
By someone who delivered your son, From God's arms to my arm's to yours."

The song says it all. What title for my blog could possibly be more perfect than the one I chose? 
This song got me through it all.. and still pulls me through the tough days. I still cry everytime I hear it. An elderly couple my family knows through church gave the book to me while I was in the hospital, "From God's Arms to My Arms to Yours", and I strongly suggest anyone affected by adoption reads it. It is full of beautiful words and songs, each so perfect to what we go through. I couldn't have said it better myself! I had actually boughten myself a copy earlier in my pregnancy, so I gave that one to Curtis for him to be comforted by and I kept the one this couple had had written in for me. I was so touched that they were that thoughtful and supportive, despite their age. To this day, I still pull the book out and read through the lyrics. 
Why did I choose this title? I chose to write a blog about placing my son for adoption, so I chose a title that was about adoption. I left out "from God's Arms" because it made for a long title, but in no means does that mean He is any less important. I completely acknowledge God's hand in my life, and in my journey. I could not have gotten through any of this without my faith in Him. 
This song is perfect, just like my love for little Cash. 

1 comment:

  1. I am bawling my eyes out reading this. I have avoided that song and book for quite a while, as I am not Christian. It does say so much though, and so much that is so true. I hope they remember to hold him just a bit tighter for you.

    ReplyDelete