Sunday, April 10, 2011

i took the pledge, now it's your turn!

A friend of mine took this pledge and I decided I should too. Now it's your turn !! 



 AS A KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER I PLEDGE TO:


  • create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers
  • be understanding of each other-- in the blogging community, as well as in the world
  • stay away from internet/blogging bullying
  • speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other's feelings-- be tactful.
  • make an effort--no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others
  • acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
  • know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow up with something happy/positive too.
  • believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people.

SO, as part of my first act for this pledge, I feel the need to clear up a few things:

1. From my previous post about my job... The girl I was speaking of is actually a really nice girl. And I was not trying to make her out to be the "bad guy" in the situation. It was uncomfortable for me, but I know she didn't intentionally try to make me feel that way. So please don't think badly of her :) 

2. I understand fully that adoption is not for everyone. I don't mean to put down those who choose otherwise. That being said, this IS a blog about adoption. I support it 110% and will express that as freely as I like. I try to be mindful of other people's opinions and feelings, and I hope I am achieving that. If I am offending anyone, please let me know and I will try to change that.

3. Many of you know how frustrated/disappointed/confused I have been lately with the lack of contact. This does not in any way mean I am disappointed in Cash's adoptive parents. I'll admit that I have been selfish and am sad only for myself, and do not know the reasoning behind the recent events. I hold the utmost level of respect and love for D&Y and always will, no matter what happens with our openness agreement. 

4. I am still going through stages of grief. I am not sure that it will ever go away. I have good days, but I also have bad days. Unfortunately, I usually post more about the bad days. The negative things in my life. Thanks to this pledge, I am trying to change that. There are so many positive things in my life that I should be writing about, so I'll try to do that more often. Of course, there will still be the few negative ones, that's all part of life. 


5. I also decided to yet again change my background. I thought I needed something a little more uplifting.

I challenge you all to take the Pledge !!! Be a Kind Hearted Blogger ! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment