Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 3- Debunking the Stereotypes.

Day 3: DEBUNKING THE STEREOTYPES:
 "In adoption, a child is not GIVEN UP. A birth mother GIVES LIFE, a child a family, unconditional love. She GIVES a part of her heart that will never feel whole. She GIVES another mother a part of her heart that was always missing. An adoptive mother GIVES a  family to this child. She GIVES unconditional love. She GIVES a part of her heart to another mother. You GIVE a lot- just never GIVE UP. - Terra Cooper" 

The biggest stereotype that I have faced over the past 5 years has been that I didn't love my baby, and that was the reason I was "giving him up". Let me set this straight- birthmothers do not "give up" their children. We give them LIFE, and we give them LOVE- but we never give up! I went through hell and back to give Cash the life he deserved.. I cried countless tears over the loss I felt, for his eternal gain. If I was concerned about my own feelings, I would have kept him so I wouldn't have to feel those pains. It would have been so much easier at the time. 
Birthmothers do not volunteer to endure a lifetime of emotional pain- we do it for the pure love for our children's well-being. We do it so that they have a shot at seizing every opportunity that life has to offer.
Placing Cash for adoption was the single hardest thing I will ever have to do in my life. But I loved him enough to let him go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment