Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 9: Support.

I truly could not have made it through this difficult trial without the support of those around me.
I owe so much to my family, my friends, Curtis, and my Savior Jesus Christ. 

My family showed unconditional love every step of the way- and made sure that I never felt alone. They supported me throughout every decision, and were there for me when I needed it. I never felt pressured by them, or unloved in any way. I am very fortunate to have the family I have!!

I am grateful for my friends, who stood by my side and made those 9 months bearable. I always felt included and accepted and for that I am very grateful. I am especially grateful for Nikki- who was living on the other side of the country at the time I found out I was pregnant, and moved back to be with me. This girl singlehandedly taught me the true meaning of true friendship. She literally was at my side throughout everything- including Cash's birth. I couldn't have asked for a stronger girl to help me through the hardest times of my life. She loved Cash as if he was her own- and she cried with me every step of the way. Cash's placement was a difficult thing for her to experience as well because she had grown so attached to him, and I want her to know that I understand this now. She was always there for me when I needed her, and she will never know how much that means to me!

Curtis. Although at the time he was just a "sperm donor", Curtis grew to love Cash just as much as I did. He is truly the only person who completely understands how I feel, and I am grateful for his constant support over the past 5 years. It doesn't matter where we are in life, I know that I can always turn to him when I need someone to talk to, because chances are he needs me as well. There have been countless times in the past where I have called Curt and not said anything- but he will just listen to me cry, and know the reasons why. And he will cry with me because he feels the same, and then we will talk it out, and at the end of the phone call we will be okay. Because we both know we did the right thing for our son, no matter how difficult it may be.

Most importantly, I recognize the hand of my Saviour throughout this difficult time in my life. From day 1, I felt of his love and knew that no matter what trials lay ahead of me, I would not be left alone. It was the strength I received from Him that got me through the hardest days. The days when I felt like giving up, because the pain was too much. It was those days that I felt His love surround me, and pull me back onto my feet. I felt Him when I felt too weak to even get out of bed, but knew I could make it through the day because He was be with me every step of the way, holding me up. It is the belief I have of knowing when this world is over, I can be with my son again. That all the mistakes I made are washed away through His grace, and that with His help, my empty heart can be made whole again. I owe my life to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, in more ways that one. Truly their light and support is what single-handedly guided my life throughout the darkness and still guides my life today.

I could not have persevered throughout my struggles without the support of those mentioned above. I can't imagine how different things would have been had I not had the love of my family and friends around me as I endured some pretty tough things. I am so grateful for them, and for the continued support today. I love you all !!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment