Tuesday, November 9, 2010

meeting the family.

(March 2, 2010)
Today was a day I will remember for the rest of my life. I will think back to this day many times and it will make me feel at peace. I met two of the most amazing people today. They have changed my life in more ways than one. I walked into the office, and I was so nervous! I didn't know what to expect or how to act. But as soon as I saw their smiling faces, I knew I was in the right place. Y told me I as beautiful. Wow, she is too! I looked at their faces, and saw my son. It was the strangest thing, but I seriously looked at them and pictured you right there. They started off our meeting talking about each other. Tears came to my eyes and I felt them slowly run down my cheeks as I listened. I felt the love they shared, and just the way they looked at each other touched my heart in more ways than I can explain. THAT is what I want in my marriage. One of their very first questions was from Y.. "Do I need to get Dora or Diego?" and D said, "No! Figure skating or hockey?!" Then they both laughed, not expecting me to answer right away but I smiled and said "Definitely hockey!" Without skipping a beat, they pushed their chairs back out of excitement and their eyes teared up. It made me so happy to see THEM so happy. We talked about schooling, sports, travel, family, etc. and I loved EVERYTHING they said. They really are PERFECT. And Curt completely agrees :) He was getting along great with them, D & him have so much in common ! Their jerseys playing hockey were #2, expect this year Curt was #20, which was D's football number. They both play defense and shoot left, but are right handed. It was so crazy! 
We talked a bit about names, and there is one they suggested that Curt and I really like. We think we have the name we want on the original birth certificate picked out, and your first name will be the same as the name D&Y choose. Your middle name will be Mackenzie, after my dad. I didn't want our meeting to end today!! They are amazing people and I can't wait to get to know them better. Curtis and I were talking after, and we feel 100% that this is the family for you. They have everything we could ever ask for our son. You will have an amazing life with these 2 perfect parents. I promise! I have a calm, peaceful feeling for my decision, and that is the comfort I need. I love D&Y, and I know you were sent here to me, to be sent to them. I strongly believe this with all my heart. You are my world, and these are the people I trust to love you as I do.


We met with D&Y a couple more times after this first meeting, and each time made me fall in love with them even more. They have touched my life in so many ways, and I feel as though I am a better person because of their influence. I honestly have not forgotten the way they looked at each other, and the way they spoke to & about each other. They are the example of a truly happy couple, and I hope to one day have the same level of love within my own marriage. I love them so much for opening their hearts, and lives to Cash and raising him the way I wanted to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment