Wednesday, February 9, 2011

honorable mentionaries

There are many people who helped me an insane amount during my pregnancy and after placement, and definitely deserve a spot on my honorable mentions list. They are those who were "behind the scenes" and that I haven't blogged about, yet still love very much and played huge roles in my life last year.

1. Bobbi- I have always always always loved Bobbi (aka Sister O) and she honestly saved me through so much. I met her years ago on a church camp and we became really close. We used to go for dinner once a month and just talk for hours. I loved our conversations, and she genuinely cared about what I was feeling, which was important to me. I was with her the day before I had Cash, and then she came to see us in the hospital. She gave me a blanket for him that she had made for her baby (who ended up being a girl) and so she was keeping it to give to someone special. I kept that blanket as a reminder of all I've been through and cherish it very much. 

2. Gloria, Lindsay, Cathy, and Michelle- The women I counseled with. All had something to do with LDSFS, and I saw each of them weekly. They made sure I was aware of all the options and that I was making the right decision, for me and for Cash. Without their support and love I don't know what I would have done. They were so easy to talk to, and helped me with anything I needed. I still feel close to all 4, and am so grateful for the roles they played in my life throughout the hard times. I love them all so much! 

3. Guest speakers that I talked to during my pregnancy- Gloria had lots of people come to our classes and talk to us about their stories. We talked to lawyers, single moms, nurses, birthmoms, adoptive parents, women who kept one child and placed another, and couples who placed and then ended up getting married. Their stories were so touching, and helped all of us girls so so much. It was so helpful to talk to people who had been through what I was going through, and get important information from the lawyers and nurses.

4. The people from my church- You'd think being a pregnant 17-year old would turn some heads and get some negative attention, but honestly I had never felt so loved, and accepted as I did during those 9 months. This might all be in my head and maybe I am living in denial, but not once did I ever feel judged or disowned by the people I went to church with. I guess that because I went every week, maybe people were used to seeing me and didn't really think about it after awhile. Whatever the reasoning for it was, I am so grateful for all the people from my ward who supported and loved me no matter what the circumstances were. It just goes to show that we shouldn't judge people for their mistakes, because everyone can change. 

5. This may seem a little odd, but I am going to mention all the people from LCI- Walking the halls of that high school and trying to fit in a desk surrounded by 30 classmates was a little uncomfortable, to say the least. But everyone there made it so much easier, because they accepted me and did not say rude comments. I know how judgmental teenagers can be, I am relieved I did not hear any of that personally. Most acted like I wasn't gaining a pound a day, which was nice. My friends were still my friends, regardless. Teachers were kind to me, and treated me just like any of their other students- which was really important to me and I am thankful for that. I didn't want to be given any special treatment, because that would only draw more attention to myself. They worked with me, and I did my best to blend in to everyone else. (which is difficult when you have a basketball for a belly. on a little side note- ever wondered how overweight people feel, trying to squish into one of those stupid desks with the chairs attached? well let me tell you, it is no easy task. Near the end of school I had to start sitting sideways in my desk because I wouldn't fit anymore :( made a good laugh for all my friends though) 

The list could go on and on, but I think I should end now and just extend a HUGE thank you to everyone else. Your love and support last year is so greatly appreciated, words can't even say how much the little things you did got me through the big things. I love you all!! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dallas,
    You have also touched my life and I am glad that I got be part of your life at such an important moment in it. I am also excited for you for schooling! You are almost done and that is super exciting!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete