Wednesday, February 9, 2011

me & my career

So, by now you probably all think you know me. For the most part, you know the important things that make me, ME. The things I hold near and dear to my heart. My feelings. My thoughts. My story. I'm going to tell you about the more recent things that make up myself, and that are teaching me new things. What I have done with my life since placement, and what my future looks like. 

I started hair school at Purely Inspired Academy of Beauty on July 19th, 2010. Yep, thats right. One month after I graduated high school and had a baby. I had a month to get back on my feet after all of the craziness. Kinda stressful, right? It was. My mom and I went to Las Vegas for a week before that to help me forget about things and prepare to start "the real world". I didn't know what to expect, starting a 9-5 schedule, 5 or 6 days a week for 9 months with 20 girls I didn't know. I knew I was interested in hair- I just didn't know it would be this much. I fell in love with hair. Weird I know. I finally felt like I had a talent in life, and that I could do anything I wanted with it. I know you're probably thinking "this girl is nuts. She is in love with hair?!" And yes, yes I am. I have found what I call my calling in life, and that is to be a stylist. I have never been as happy with something as I have been at that school. The girls in my class are absolutely amazing, it really is true that college is where you build lifelong friendships. Because of my hairstyling backgrounds, I have became more interested in aesthetics and makeup. I am now a certified Makeup Artist, and am excited to see where that road will take me. I also am certified in Eyelash Perming and Tinting, and Body Sugaring. Body Sugaring is similar to waxing, only better :) I just finished that course this weekend, so I still need practice but so far I am loving it too! And in March I will be taking my UV Gel Nail course, so I can do that as well. I am so so so excited to start working with all these services in a salon. Hair is my passion and main focus, but it's good to have a break sometimes and do the little things as well.

One day I hope to either open my own salon or just work at home. I have never wanted to be a "career mom", so I hope I can spend as much time at home with my kids as possible. Since I love doing what I do, I will have no problem working at home and keeping it up. 

"If you love what you do, you will never have to work a day in your life". 

No comments:

Post a Comment